Disclaimer

All (or perhaps most) of the content of this blog is fiction and is to be used for entertainment only.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An Invasion

"Hello, reporter Kay Newston here, reporting on the recent invasion and occupation of Legoton in Meltolot by our near neighbors, the plastic army men (PAM). Pictures are not available because PAM began their assault by bombing the news station. I just barely got out alive."
"The militia of Legoton were at a serious disadvantage because of their living in the mid-evil times with no knowledge of the 2010 weaponry of PAM. Although the king of Meltolot himself arrived shortly after the bombing, he saw at once that resistance was useless and retired, covering the citizens retreat."
"Back at Calfmur the capital of Meltolot, King Armendon at once retired to counsel with the royal advisers. I, Kay Newston, contrary to the law, but for the good of the people of Meltolot (and possibly a good news story), contrived to sneak past the guards into the royal counsel chamber and to hide behind a couch just minutes before the king and his advisers entered the chamber. I brought a notebook with me and have recorded all that was said. I'll skip past all of the boring speeches which proceeded the actual counsel, as well as all of the extra embellishments that are customary to add to ones speech in the court of Armendon, and just present the basics of what was said so that all you normal people can understand."
King: "Now, as sovereign of this state, I feel it my duty to say that a great injustice and insult has been committed by our neighbors, PAM. I also feel it to be my duty to avenge the loss of the citizens of Legoton in the way of houses and possessions, not to say the great inconvenience caused by having to move so hastily. My dear Lord Chancellor, what do you have to say?"
Lord Chancellor: "I agree with you completely your Majesty, and I should say that the people of Legoton are in need of a restoration of their property and due comfort."
King: "Thank you Chancellor. Does anybody else have anything they would like to say before I turn the discussion over to the Secretary of War?"
All: "No, your Majesty."
King: "Then Secretary, what have you to say, can we take Legoton back?"
"All this time, the Royal Treasurer was getting fidgety, and the Secretary of War was getting white. When the King addressed the Secretary he began fumbling with his coat pocket and mumbling something incoherent. Again the King asked him-"
King: "Secretary, can we take Legoton back?"
Secretary of War: "Ah, er, I, um, don't know... your Majesty."
King: "You don't know? You are the Secretary of War! It is imperative that you know!"
Secretary of War: "Well you see your Majesty, the armies of PAM, though not superior in numbers are quite our superior in arms. Why, they can shoot melting fire at a great distance, and can hurl great explosions the like of which your most skilled magicians could never even hope to duplicate. Frankly your majesty I think we would find it hard to break the power of PAM."
"Any way, I will not gruel you with the details, in the end King Armendon decided to send five spies into the land of PAM to find blue prints for one of their great moving war machines that shoot melting fire. The royal treasurer has been very sour, and has not come out of the palace since. The spies have not come back yet, so you will have to wait for more information until I can interview one of them when they return. In the meantime I think I will take a short vacation."

No comments:

Post a Comment